Grants & Programs: SEL Scholarships
The Family Services Collaboratives of St. Louis County work to advance an inclusive network of community services that helps families to prevent adverse childhood experiences and develop resiliency, supports healthy child development, and improves educational outcomes.
SLC Collaboratives believe employees that work with children should have an opportunity to expand their social emotional learning (SEL) knowledge. SEL is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, establish and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
SLC Collaboratives are offering registration scholarships to individuals to attend an SEL training. Registration scholarships are available on a first come, first service basis to individuals that meet the criteria below.
1) A person that plans to attend a SEL training.
2) A person that works for an agency in St. Louis County and services SLC resident or is a resident of SLC.
3) A person that has not received a 2020 scholarship from a SLC Family Services Collaborative.
4) Only five people from an agency* may use scholarships.
Scholarships awarded will be no greater than the registration cost ($1,000 max.) and will be paid after the training as a reimbursement. Other costs associated with the training will be the responsibility of an agency or individual. The Collaborative believes that sharing the costs assists in building an inclusive network.
If awarded, someone from the Collaborative will contact you with more details.
* The Board may review a request for more scholarships from an agency that employs more than the average agency.